I Cortinthians 6:19-20 "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."


BEGINNING WEIGHT (220.6 lbs.)
CURRENT WEIGHT (183.0 lbs.)
AMOUNT OF LOSS SO FAR (37.6 lbs.)
RESULTS THIS WEEK (-3.7 lbs.)

Monday, July 14, 2008

Sometimes It Gets So Frustrating!

Well....here we are in another week. I always dread stepping on those scales lately. Why....I don't know. Maybe because in my heart I know the numbers aren't going to be good. But sometimes I am pleasantly surprised. It is just taking so long to meet my next goal. I pray each week before stepping on the scales that the numbers will be good. I do know one thing....if the numbers don't show a loss...I have no one to blame but myself. It gets hard to eat the right way though when the food supply is running low and there isn't any money to get the right things to eat. But I have to say "Praise the Lord I have anything to eat at all". It just means I need to eat less of those things that aren't healthy or good for me to eat. That is the problem though. Do any of you face this problem? I'm sure you missionary wives have faced it at one time or another. And with prices going higher and higher at the pump and at the grocery store...it is getting harder and harder to fit the same amount of groceries within the same budget of money.

Please don't think I'm complaining. I am not meaning to come across that way. I am very thankful to have anything at all to eat. It just means an adjustment needs to be made. One thing I am thankful for though....water out of the tap is virtually free. Unless you drink as much as I do...but it is a drop in the bucket compared to having to buy bottled water. I'm thankful that I don't have to do that!!

My results this week were that I gained 0.7 lbs. which I know could be much worse...but I sure do like to see those losses. I really want to celebrate that 30 pound mark with an update picture. I'm oh so close!! I'm praying for each of you that visit my site and are on this weight-loss journey with me. Keep up the good work!! We really have done great in the grand scheme of things!!

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

4 comments:

Pam--in America said...

I understand what you mean about the food budget. Healthy foods are so much more expensive than convenience foods. It's a shame that it's that way really. I like your attitude about it though. We can still be thankful that we have anything to eat at all. And, yes, having virtually free water is a big blessing!
Don't get too discouraged about that little gain. I'm sure you'll be posting that goal picture very, very soon!

BTW-- I was thinking of you today when I was thirsty, and I went and got a big glass of WATER... so thank you!

Sis. Julie said...

Sis. Pam...Amen!! Thank God for that glass of water and thank you Sis for thinking of me when you got it! Now...drink lots more!! LOL!! :)

TO BECOME said...

Victory is just around the corner, Sis. Julie. Keep trying and one day soon I will come here and that picture will be posted here. I am praying for that day for you. You did very good. connie from Texas

Sis. Julie said...

Sis. Connie...Thank you so much for your encouragement. I appreciate it so very much!! I hope it will be on here very soon too!!