I Cortinthians 6:19-20 "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."


BEGINNING WEIGHT (220.6 lbs.)
CURRENT WEIGHT (183.0 lbs.)
AMOUNT OF LOSS SO FAR (37.6 lbs.)
RESULTS THIS WEEK (-3.7 lbs.)

Friday, November 23, 2007

I Made It Through

With the help of the Lord I made it through the toughest holiday to be on a journey such as this. There was soooooooo much food!! We had sweet potato casserole...turkey....stuffing...green bean casserole....corn casserole....gravy....deviled eggs....macaroni salad....macaroni and cheese....dinner rolls....and I'm sure I'm forgetting something. That was just the dinner stuff. Then there was the desserts. We had oreo dessert....strawberry shortcake with cool whip....apple pie....pumpkin pie...cherry pie...oreo ice cream dessert...pineapple upside down cake....and I think that is it for the desserts.

I did not count my points for the day. I put on my points scheduler for the day "Just do the best you can and PRAY!!! So when it came time to eat I got one small spoonful of each thing I wanted and I was able to eat that and be satisfied. Then I had one small spoonful of the oreo dessert and the strawberry shortcake and one slice of pumpkin pie with cool whip on top. I wasn't able to finish all that and was again satisfied. I did have a small amount more last night but I drank water all day (not soda like I was tempted to do...Thank You Lord!!). I was able to lay my head down last night and thank the Lord for how He got me through the day and not feel guilty about how I ate.

I pray y'all did well with your eating. I know it is a tempting time. The next test will be Christmas eve with our family get-together. We have all sorts of cookies and finger foods to eat. As long as I trust in the Lord for my eating that day I should do fine.

Have a great day and remember....

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."


No comments: