I Cortinthians 6:19-20 "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."


BEGINNING WEIGHT (220.6 lbs.)
CURRENT WEIGHT (183.0 lbs.)
AMOUNT OF LOSS SO FAR (37.6 lbs.)
RESULTS THIS WEEK (-3.7 lbs.)

Friday, November 30, 2007

Temptation Came....And I Prayed!!

Yesterday went pretty well till the afternoon. When I get frustrated or upset about something I tend to run to the refrigerator or the cabinet. This time was no different. But while I was staring into them I was prompted to pray. Thank You Holy Spirit for doing that!! Anyway....I told the Lord I was tempted to eat and I knew I wasn't hungry or even desiring anything. I asked Him to help me get past that moment of temptation. You know what He did? He told me to take a walk. So I did. I walked outside for about 30 minutes and I prayed about the situation that was frustrating and upsetting me. He helped me to come inside feeling peace and assurance and also feeling good in my body.

Our bodies need exercise. I've always known that but never really cared to do anything about that. Exercise gives us more energy. I know...that sounds a bit strange but it is true. It tires you out for the moment after you are finished but then once that wears off you really feel better. That is why I don't like to sit down during the day. I try to constantly be on my feet doing something. If I'm not doing dishes or laundry at the moment or cleaning something...I just walk. Yesterday I was on the phone and I walked around the room while I talked. Even that burns calories!! That is what I want to be doing....always burning calories.

I ate within my blessings yesterday. I even had one left over. I also drank all my water that I'm supposed to. Some days that is a struggle to do for me. But I did it yesterday.

So how was your day yesterday? How did you do? Did you eat things that you really didn't want or that you didn't need? If you did yesterday....its too late to do anything about that...but you can pray and strive to not do that today.

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."


No comments: