I Cortinthians 6:19-20 "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."


BEGINNING WEIGHT (220.6 lbs.)
CURRENT WEIGHT (183.0 lbs.)
AMOUNT OF LOSS SO FAR (37.6 lbs.)
RESULTS THIS WEEK (-3.7 lbs.)

Monday, April 28, 2008

An Emotional Day....But Still A Loss

Yesterday was our last day at our church as pastor and his family. My husband stepped down as pastor to go into missions. We've been doing some deputation since March but haven't been able to do much with it since we had primary responsibility to the church my hubby pastored. It was emotional for us and for the people of the church as they are family to us and we love them very much. They hated to see us go but know that it is God's will for us to do this. Please pray for them as they begin to have preachers in to candidate for the position of pastor of Eagles View Baptist Church. God is faithful and He will provide just the right man for that church and for those people. It was not good-bye...it was simply see you later.

We are officially and solely missionaries now. We are excited about the future and what it holds for us in this ministry that God has called my husband to. God has blessed abundantly already. We have been in five churches so far and are at over 10% of our support. We are going to be in a lot more churches now that my hubby doesn't have the church and the people to focus on. We will be joining over at Bro. Joe Arthur's church this coming Sunday. We would go Wednesday night but my husband had already booked a meeting with another church a couple of months ago so we will be there instead. Please pray for Eagles View Baptist Church as they pray and seek God's will about their next pastor. Also pray for us as we begin this new and exciting journey that God has placed us on.

Now for the update on my weight-loss for this week. I lost 0.7 lbs. I was quite shocked actually. It is "the week before" and I usually gain a little bit. But I did drink my water like crazy so I'm sure that helped me out a lot. I hope to continue to keep up with that this week as well.

I pray you all had a great week with your journey to a healthier and thinner you. I have been praying for each of you!! I hope you've been praying for me as well. I sure do need it!! I know one thing....these last little over 3 lbs. that I have left to meet my next goal are harder to lose than the other pounds I've lost so far. But although I get frustrated with it at times the Lord reminds me of how far He's brought me so far with this. And when He does that I can't help but be thankful for what has been accomplished so far.

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

6 comments:

Marcy said...

Hey Ms. Julie! I love reading your blog! You are diong great! you have lost a lot. I did not know how much you had lost until I saw your tracker. Keep up the good work! Love you lots!!!

Sis. Julie said...

Marcy....You have done really well too so you keep it up too!! I'm very proud of you!! Together we can encourage one another. I won't be at the church anymore so I won't have anyone but you and my online weight-loss buddies to lean on. Well...of course I have the Lord first and foremost.

TO BECOME said...

OOOh, Sis. Julie I am so happy for you and your husband. I know that you will be good missionaries. I am sure that the Lord will take care of the church you are leaving and will send someone that they need if they just seek in the Lord in this. It is very hard, We have been there before but God never closes one door for any of us that He doesn't open a better one. So God bless you and your family and your Church that you are leaving.

You are doing so good on your weight. I know God must be pleased with your efforts. Keep up the good work. I have heard that mission depution is hard on the waist.lol love you, connie from Texas

Sis. Julie said...

Sis. Connie...I've heard the same thing about deputation and the eating habits that go with it. I only pray that I can control it with the help of the Lord.

Unknown said...

Sis Julie
I just recently started ww and I find you blog to be an encouragement. Blessings and wtg on the weight lose. Lisa( 2 sisters mom)

Sis. Julie said...

Sis. Lisa....Thank you for commenting. I'm glad you found my blog and that it has been an encouragement to you. I have been a bit discouraged with things lately....but am trying to keep up with it. You are an encouragement just stopping by and letting me know you were here!