I Cortinthians 6:19-20 "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."


BEGINNING WEIGHT (220.6 lbs.)
CURRENT WEIGHT (183.0 lbs.)
AMOUNT OF LOSS SO FAR (37.6 lbs.)
RESULTS THIS WEEK (-3.7 lbs.)

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Mmmmmmm!!

I found a wonderful new snack that tastes WONDERFUL!!! Actually....my SIL introduced me to them. She tried them once and said they were really good. So today we were buying her some medicine for her flu and she bought a box of them for us to try.

They are Mrs. Fleshley's Snack Away Creme Filled Chocolate Cupcakes. They are moist and very tasty. I did not expect them to taste as good as they do. The thing that surprised me is they are only....get this now....you won't believe me but I used my points finder to figure it out...they are only 2 points!!! I was shocked that something that tastes so sinfully good for a snack would be so low in points.

They are high in fiber. They have 9g of fiber....140 calories and 5g of fat. I recommend them to anyone who loves chocolate.

Yesterday was an okay day. I haven't been keeping track of my blessings like I would like to. Call me lazy or whatever but Kristina and I are sleeping in Catina's bonus room upstairs. There are 14 steps going up to that room. I keep forgetting to take my pack down to the kitchen and as many trips as I make up and down those stairs just checking email (since the computer is in the room we are sleeping in) my knee is not doing well. I have one bad knee...so it hurts pretty badly to go up and down stairs. I know lame excuse...but it is the best one I can give you.

I am still not eating past my point of satisfaction. Catina eats pretty healthy for the most part She likes a lot of high fiber foods. Last night we had chicken quesadillas on wheat tortillas so they are high in fiber (14g per tortilla). I'm still drinking my water like I should....so that is helping too.

I pray all are doing well with your week!! I pray for you often through the day. Take care and eat healthy.

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."


7 comments:

TO BECOME said...

Sis. Julie, Can't wait til you get back home which will mean that your SIL is doing better. I have been praying for you.

I added you to my weight loss blog. http://willorway.blogspot.com

I also added Tori. I am so excited that we are all going to be encouraging each other. I have, as I told her, had other outside groups of ladies that I have met with time (TOPS, Weight Watchers)
to time but I have never had Christian ladies. It is just wonderful. I am looking forward to tring even harder because I don't want my failure to be yours. Take care, love you, connie

Sis. Julie said...

sis. connie....Amen!! I'm excited about all this too. Sis. Tori is a real blessing. She is going to be posting soon on her weight-loss blog. Right now they are on furlough and she should be back on the field soon and will get back on her journey to a thinner her and we can all be a blessing to her as well.

Love you!!

Marsheila said...

I will have to try these cakes they sound good....sorry to hear your SIL is not feeling good we Love ya'll and we are praying for ya'll be careful coming home and I love you.

Karen said...

I hope your dieting is going well! How nice that you all have a group to spur each other on. I have found that blogging about the weight loss really keeps me sticking to it strictly. I have gotten rid of about 23 pounds so far and I think blogging provided the accountability that I needed. It's so nice having other sisters in the Lord who understand the struggle.

Sis. Julie said...

Thank you so much for stopping by. I am doing really well with my weight-loss...but it is with God's help that I can do it. I sure can't do it on my own. The sole purpose of our group is to not only encourage other with our weight-loss but also to learn to depend on God for our weight-loss. It should be driving each of us to go to Him in prayer for each temptation we face with food and such. That has been the biggest blessing of all.

Karen said...

I forgot to ask you, where on earth did you get those Mrs. Fleshley's Cupcakes? I've not seen them. Were they in the bread aisle or with the diet stuff of what? Grocery store or Wal-Mart? Sorry to ask so many questions...I'm just looking for a less expensive sweet treat than the Weight Watchers brand items. They're delicious but a little pricey.

Sis. Julie said...

sis. karen....We found them in the cookie aisle at Walmart. They might be at other grocery stores and might even be in a different aisle at Walmart...but we found them in the cookie aisle.