I Cortinthians 6:19-20 "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."


BEGINNING WEIGHT (220.6 lbs.)
CURRENT WEIGHT (183.0 lbs.)
AMOUNT OF LOSS SO FAR (37.6 lbs.)
RESULTS THIS WEEK (-3.7 lbs.)

Sunday, January 6, 2008

I'm Still In Shock!!

I really thought weigh-in today was going to be bad. Although I had two days of workout with my dvd that I would have had a bad week. There were Reeses Peanut Butter Cups in the house this week and I love those!! I didn't overdo it with them...but I didn't really need the ones that I ate. Although I had those though...I still lost 4.5 lbs. this week. I was shocked!! I also woke up really bloated today. I'm so thankful for the encouragement that the Lord gave me with the weight-loss this week. I only pray this week is as good. When I approach "the week before" I usually crave chocolate really bad. That is the stage I am in now. I have failed many times this week to obey the Lord with my eating (of course some of those times were the times with the peanut butter cups...LOL). I pray I'll do better with that this week.

I've also failed to call Sis. Karen and let her pray with me and be a blessing to me when I faced those times as well. She has told each of us ladies that she is there no matter what time of day or night. The problem is that I have let myself not call when I needed to in fear of disturbing her. She told us AGAIN this afternoon to make sure we call her. She is such a blessing to each of us ladies!! She is such an encourager and a help to us with her devotions that the Lord gives her each week. I for one thank God for her and her willingness to be there for us. Now if we would only do our part in let her help us like she has asked us to.

I pray each of you have a great day Monday and that you turn to the Lord in those times of temptation. He wants us to you know. So why don't we? I tell you why...PRIDE!! We think we can handle it on our own. If truth be known...we CAN'T do it on our own!! We have got to have Him and His strength to do this.

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Way to go on your weight loss..I am hoping to loose more then I did last week..

Sis. Julie said...

sis. michelle...thank you so much. I pray you do well with yours too!!

Karen said...

That is fantastic!

Mine is coming off a little slower because I'm at kind of a plateau. I'll keep plugging through it though.

Nice job!

Pam--in America said...

4.5 lbs is great! I'm sure that is a great encouragement to you.

Sis. Julie said...

sis. pam....Yes it sure is. I'm not sure I'll do as well this week as I did last week...but that was a great encouragement to me after gaining the week before.