I Cortinthians 6:19-20 "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."


BEGINNING WEIGHT (220.6 lbs.)
CURRENT WEIGHT (183.0 lbs.)
AMOUNT OF LOSS SO FAR (37.6 lbs.)
RESULTS THIS WEEK (-3.7 lbs.)

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Not Too Bad

Yesterday wasn't too bad with my eating. In fact...I did pretty good. I have got to get better at eating earlier in the day though. I have just been so busy doing this and that and I haven't been taking that time to eat. When my daughter was at the neurologist's office the doctor was telling Michelle how important it is for us to eat breakfast. It is said to get us going for the day and to give our metabolism the boost it needs for the day. So breakfast is very important. Not to mention that breakfast is to break the fast of not having anything in our body for so many hours in the night. So it helps get everything going and functioning properly. I am just not good with breakfast. I am good about eating it but by the time I eat it...its no longer breakfast. It's more like lunch or brunch...LOL!!

I hope all y'all are doing well so far this week. I told the Lord I was determined that I was going to lose weight again this week. And He is going to be the One to help me do it. He is allowing tests to come my way in the way of trials and other such things to see how I respond to them. It used to be that I'd either do one of two things....I'd either stuff myself and feast on sweets to soothe my troubles of I would starve myself. I'm trying to turn to the Lord and let Him control my responses.

He is there to turn to....are you turning to Him in this area? I pray you are!!

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

2 comments:

Pam--in America said...

I can honestly say that I've never had trouble NOT eating breakfast! I usually eat too much, or the wrong things. ;o) I can relate in the "stuff myself and feast on sweets" part! I'm trying to do the same thing, in letting the Lord control my responses,and turning to him for comfort, not food.
I wanted to let you know that I started a blog about healthy living & weight loss; in case you'd like to visit. It's called "Glorify God In Your Body" (the link is in my profile) And I wanted to apologize because after I picked my name and Bible reference, I came to visit you here and noticed that you used the same reference for yours! I'm sure you don't mind the "over"use of God's Word, but I wanted to apologize just the same. I hope to see you there!

Sis. Julie said...

sis. pam...I do not mind you used the same verse for your blog. I think it is a wonderful reminder to us as we take this journey to lose weight that we should glorify Him in our body and by losing weight we are.